Project Management (Project DPro Foundation) Certification
This programme enables you to achieve an internationally recognised project management qualification tailored to the international development and humanitarian sectors.
Building on the knowledge and skills gained on the job or through previous study, such as Bond’s Project design: the logical framework approach and Managing the project cycle, this self-study learning workbook and a exam preparation workshop will equip you to confidently take the Project DPro Foundation (Level 1) qualification.
25 hours' self-study plus two half-days of live interactive online sessions and an online exam.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at those involved in managing projects in the development and humanitarian sectors, and is particularly suitable for those who have completed Bond’s courses on project design and managing the project cycle, or equivalent.
What you will learn
This course will cover the complete content of the Project DPro guide. By th e end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain how the context and content of projects in the development sector makes then unique
- Recall the phases of project management in the development sector context
- Outline some of the tasks, outputs, tools and additional considerations of each phase
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of the project manager and other project stakeholders throughout a project.
- Define project management principles and explain how to apply them across all phases.
- Explain the importance of adapting the Project DPro to the context of the project
- Recall the terminology and definitions used in the Project DRo guide
- Outline the best approach to the Project DPro exam and the question types within it.
This course will be delivered entirely online, through individual self-study (on the Bond learning platform) and facilitated live sessions (using Zoom). We work hard to make sure you get the same level of interaction and facilitator support as you would in our training room. You’ll work in breakout rooms, use case studies and take part in exam-preparation activities – all online.
The full programme includes:
- 25 hours self-study, through guided reading and activities on the Bond learning platform
- Two half-day live online exam preparation sessions
- Online exam (the cost of the exam is additional and is not included in the course price)
Self-study module (25 hours: complete by 7 July 2020)
This self-study module guides you through each of the Project DPro syllabus areas. Using case studies, practical examples and self-assessed activities, the module builds and refines your project management knowledge and skills, focussing on the key competencies required to pass the Project DPro exam.
The self-study module will take around 25 hours to complete. You can work at your own pace, but you must complete all sections and activities in the module before attending the exam preparation sessions. The self-study module will be available for you to start working on 8 weeks before the exam (i.e. from 15 May 2020).
Self-study module content
- Projects in the development sector
- The Project DPro Project Phase Model and key definitions
- Project identification and definition
- Project set-up
- Project planning
- Project implementation
- Project closure
- Project monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning
- Project DPro principles: well-goverend; participatory; comprenhensive; integrated; adaptive
- Adapting the Project DPro
Project DPro exam preparation live online sessions (8 and 9 July 2020)
The exam preparation sessions will revise any syllabus areas you are having particular difficulty with, and introduce you to exam techniques and practice exam questions that ensure you are fully prepared to successfully take and pass the Project DPro Foundation (Level 1) exam.
Online sessions content
- Revision of the Project DPro syllabus, with coaching sessions on specific topics identified by you
- Exam techniques and tips
- Guided practice exam questions
- Individual support
Project DPro Foundation (Level 1) exam (10 July 2020)
All course times are in British Summer Time (BST)
Self-study module (25 hours: complete by 9 October 2020)
Project DPro exam preparation live online sessions (12 and 14 October 2020)
Project DPro Foundation (Level 1) exam (16 October 2020)
Following the exam preparation sessions, you will take the online Project DPro Foundation (Level 1) exam. Note: the cost of the exam is not included in the course price and is to be paid separately.
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
22 places available
Friday, March 5, 2021