Project Management (Project DPro Foundation) Certification
This programme enables you to achieve an internationally recognised project management qualification tailored to the international development and humanitarian sectors.
Building on the knowledge and skills gained on the job or through previous study, such as Bond’s Project design: the logical framework approach and Managing the project cycle, this 6 week online course will equip you to confidently take the Project DPro Foundation (Level 1) qualification.
25 hours' self-paced study over 6 weeks, plus three live interactive online sessions and an online exam.
Total time commitment over the period of the course is approximately 35 hours:
7.5 hours of live online sessions
25 hours self-paced learning activities (5 hours a week)
3-hour exam (optional)
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at those involved in managing projects in the development and humanitarian sectors, and is particularly suitable for those who have completed Bond’s courses on project design: the logical framework approach and managing the project cycle, or equivalent.
What you will learn
This course will cover the complete content of the Project DPro guide. By th e end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain how the context and content of projects in the development sector makes then unique
- Recall the phases of project management in the development sector context
- Outline some of the tasks, outputs, tools and additional considerations of each phase
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of the project manager and other project stakeholders throughout a project.
- Define project management principles and explain how to apply them across all phases.
- Explain the importance of adapting the Project DPro to the context of the project
- Recall the terminology and definitions used in the Project DRo guide
- Outline the best approach to the Project DPro exam and the question types within it.
This course will be delivered entirely online, through individual self-study activities and online discussions (on the Bond learning platform) and facilitated live online sessions (using Zoom). We work hard to make sure you get the same level of interaction and facilitator support in our live online sessions as you would in our training room. You’ll work in breakout rooms, use case studies and take part in exam-preparation activities – all online.
Please note that October live session times refer to British Summer Time (BST), and November live session times refer to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Check the live session start and end time in your timezone here (please ensure you choose the right date when checking timezones).
The full programme includes:
Week 1 (12-16 October): 5 hours’ self-study activities and online discussions, and a one-hour live online session
Live session 1: 14 October 2020, 10.00 to 11.30 BST
Weeks 2 to 5 (19 October – 13 November): 5 hours’ per week self-study activities and online discussions
Week 6 (16 November – 20 November): Two 3-hour live online exam preparation sessions
Live session 2: 19 November 2020, 09.30 to 12.30 GMT
Live session 3: 20 November 2020. 09.30 to 12.30 GMT
Exam (23 November): 3-hour online exam
Exam session: 23 November 2020, 09.30 to 12.30 GMT
Please note the cost of the exam is additional and is not included in the course price
This online course guides you through each of the Project DPro syllabus areas. Using case studies, practical examples and self-assessed activities, the programme builds and refines your project management knowledge and skills, focussing on the key competencies required to pass the Project DPro exam.
Each week you will complete around 5 hours’ self-study activities and take part in online discussions. You can work at your own pace, but you must complete all sections and activities in each module before attending the exam preparation sessions in week 6.
- Projects in the development sector
- The Project DPro Project Phase Model and key definitions
- Project identification and definition
- Project set-up
- Project planning
- Project implementation
- Project closure
- Project monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning
- Project DPro principles: well-goverend; participatory; comprenhensive; integrated; adaptive
- Adapting the Project DPro
Live online sessions
The live online exam preparation sessions will revise any syllabus areas you are having particular difficulty with, and introduce you to exam techniques and practice exam questions that ensure you are fully prepared to successfully take and pass the Project DPro Foundation (Level 1) exam.
- Revision of the Project DPro syllabus, with coaching sessions on specific topics identified by you
- Exam techniques and tips
- Guided practice exam questions
- Individual support
You will take the Project DPro Foundation (Level 1) exam online, invigilated by our PM4NGOs approved invigilator. You must provide proof of identity before taking the exam.
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
Friday, March 5, 2021