Project Management (PMD Pro) Level 1 Certification
Completion of a self-study learning workbook estimated at 25 hours plus one-day face-to-face exam preparation workshop.
- 18 Oct 2019
- 21 Nov 2019
- 6 Mar 2020
- View availability
This programme enables you to achieve an internationally recognised project management qualification tailored to the international development and humanitarian sectors.
Building on the knowledge and skills gained on the job or through previous study, such as Bond’s Project design: the logical framework approach and Managing the project cycle, this self-study learning workbook and a one-day exam preparation workshop will equip you to confidently take the PMD Pro Level 1 qualification.
What you will learn
This course will cover the complete content of the PMD Pro syllabus:
- Understand the context and content of projects in the development sector
- Know the principles, phases and disciplines of project management in the development sector context
- Understand the relationship between principles, phases and disciplines within the development sector context
- Understand the importance of adapting the PMD Pro to the context of the project
- Get tailored coaching on specific topic areas identified by you
- Exam techniques, tips and practice exam questions
The full programme includes:
- Completion of a self-study learning workbook
- One-day face-to-face exam preparation workshop
- Online exam (the cost of the exam is additional and is not included in the course price)
Self-study learning workbook
This self-study module guides you through each of the PMD Pro syllabus areas. Using case studies, practical examples and self-assessed activities, the workbook builds and refines your project management knowledge and skills, focussing on the key competencies required to pass the PMD Pro exam.
The self-study learning workbook will take around 25 hours to complete, and must be completed before attending the exam preparation workshop.
Self-study workbook content
- Projects in the development sector
- The PMD Pro Project Phase Model
- Project identification and design
- Project set-up
- Project planning
- Project implementation
- Project monitoring, evaluation and control
- End of project transition
- Project management disciplines overview
- Scope management
- Time management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Project Justification management
- Stakeholder management
- Supply Chain Management
- Adapting the PMD Pro
One-day PMD Pro exam preparation workshop
The workshop will revise any syllabus areas you are having particular difficulty with, and introduces you to exam techniques and practice exam questions that ensure you are fully prepared to successfully take and pass the PMD Pro exam.
At the end of the workshop you will take the online PMD Pro exam. If you choose not to take the exam on the day, you can take it at a later date. Note: the cost of the exam is not included in the course price and is to be paid separately.
- Revision of the PMD Pro syllabus, with coaching sessions on specific topics identified by you
- Exam techniques and tips
- Guided practice exam questions
- Individual support and self-study session
- Online exam
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
Friday, October 18, 2019
Thursday, November 21, 2019
18 places available
Friday, March 6, 2020
17 places available