Managing the project cycle
Find out all you need to know about how to plan, run and manage an international development project, with specific focus on the practical planning and implementation phases. Learn about the tools that are central to success and how to apply them.
Two-day face-to-face course. The course runs from 10:00 am - 5:30 pm with registration open from 9:30 am.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people who work on projects and programmes and want to understand the essentials of project management, and for those seeking to increase their project management efficiency.
What you will learn
- The stages of the project cycle
- Project management terms: dependencies and elapsed time
- Tools and techniques: work plans, critical path analysis, Gantt charts
- How to manage risks
- Procurement and supply issues
- How to keep track of time, money and quality
- How to manage information and communication
1. Projects and project cycles
- Dependencies in time, cost and scope
- Project phase models
2. Project set-up
- Decision gates
3. Project planning, step one: activity definition
- Work Breakdown Structure
4. Project planning, step two: activity sequencing
- PERT charts
5. Project planning, step three: activity duration and resource estimating
- Critical Path Analysis
- Costing activities
6. Project planning, step four: activity scheduling
- Gantt charts
7. Project implementation
- Assumptions, risks and issues
8. Project implementation, cont.
- Financial management
- Earned Value Analysis
- Supply chain management
9. Project monitoring, evaluation and control
- Managing variances and monitoring outcomes
10. End of project transition
- Termination, Extension, Expansion, and Redesign
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
17 places available
18 places available