Managing EC contracts and reporting on EC grants
This course is suitable for people who are responsible for EC contract management and EC report writing.
Bespoke workshops can be held at a place and time convenient to the board and senior management team and will be tailored to your organisational structure and the context you work in.
This course will develop the skills you need to manage your European Commission (EC) project successfully and report on its progress. Take this course to demystify the European Commission’s stringent compliance rules, go through all your contract management obligations and get a practical handle on how to meet the EC's reporting requirements.
What you will learn
- What running a project with EC funding involves
- What the DevCo/EuropeAid Standard Contract says, what it means and what you have to do
- The day-to-day management rules and procedures and the records you need to keep
- The EC's rules on procurement
- The requirements for narrative and financial reports
- How to work with partners on contract management
Please note that this course does not cover ECHO funded projects.
Examplary programme could look like:
1. The Standard Contract
- Overview of how EC delegations manage contracts
- Introduction to DevCo/EuropeAid Standard Contract
2. Financial administration
- Bank accounts, audits, record-keeping etc.
3. Revisiting budgets
- Changing and amending budgets
4. Procurement rules
- EC results oriented monitoring and narrative reports
- Financial reporting
6. Principles of partnerships and contract management
7. Problem solving, learning points and other questions
- Problem solving scenarios
- Questions and answers