Impact assessment and evaluation
What is impact assessment, what are the different types of evaluation and how can they be used to assess impact? This course enables you to design an impact assessment framework for your project, identify domains of change, theories of change and other approaches to assessing impact.
Take this course on its own or together with Theory of change essentials, which runs the day before this course.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people responsible for understanding and measuring impact, or planning to implement impact assessment in their organisation. It is also suitable for people designing, commissioning or undertaking evaluations.
What you will learn
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by impact assessment and how it differs from and complements the processes of monitoring and evaluation.
- Identify key challenges that you face in conducting impact assessments.
- Describe different types of evaluation and how they can be used for impact assessment.
- Design an impact assessment framework for a case study project.
- Identify domains of change and theories of change for planning for impact assessment.
- List and describe different tools and methods for assessing impact.
- Discuss how the results of impact assessments might be used in learning, reporting and being more accountable to both donors and stakeholders.
- Impact assessment or evaluation? Differences and complementarities
- Using a Theory of Change approach to assess impact
- Can logframes be used to assess impact and how to write indicators for impact assessment
- Identifying domains of change for assessing impact
- Planning for impact assessment: approaches and steps
- Plan for case study task and review of the day
- Designing an impact assessment process
- Areas of enquiry and setting baselines
- Methods for gathering information
- Presentation of case studies and synthesis of learning
- Reporting for learning and accountability
- The way forward
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
14 places available