Impact assessment: what difference did we make?
What is impact assessment, how does it differ from or complement monitoring and evaluation and how can we assess our contributions to change? This course provides a clear conceptual overview and very practical guidance on designing a simple, user friendly and useful impact assessment process.
Take this course on its own or together with Theory of change essentials, which runs the day before this course.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people responsible for understanding and measuring impact, or planning to implement impact assessment in their organisation.
What you will learn
- What "impact" is and why it matters
- What makes impact assessment different from, and complementary to, monitoring and evaluation
- The approaches used to assess impact
- Key challenges and how to work with them
- How theories of change can support planning for impact
- The tools and methods you can use to understand your contribution
- How to use the results of an impact assessment to help demonstrate effectiveness
- Impact assessment or evaluation? Differences and complementarities
- Using a Theory of Change approach to assess impact
- Planning for impact assessment: approaches and steps
- Plan for case study task and review of the day
- Designing an impact assessment process
- Areas of enquiry and setting baselines
- Methods for gathering information
- Presentation of case studies and synthesis of learning
- Reporting for learning and accountability
- The way forward
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
13 places remaining
18 places remaining