Developing an advocacy strategy
This course showcases the role that effective advocacy and campaigns can play in influencing change. It will take you through the process of developing an advocacy strategy and how to make choices about the appropriate approach and tactics for your issue and organisation.
A mix of examples, group based discussion and practical activities will help you to develop new skills and techniques that will make your advocacy and campaigning effective.
Who is it for?
This course is for people who are new to advocacy and campaigning, who want to understand the role that advocacy can play in influencing change and those who want to make their advocacy and campaigning more effective.
What you will learn
- How advocacy and campaigns can influence change and how to develop an appropriate approach for your organisation and issue
- How to develop an advocacy strategy using the steps in the advocacy cycle
- How to use analytical tools to inform and test an advocacy strategy
- How to develop campaign messages and tailor them for key audiences
- How to select the appropriate approach and tactics to support a campaign
- Simple monitoring and evaluation methods that you can use to support campaign effectiveness
- What is advocacy? What is campaigning?
- Advocacy strategy development process – the advocacy cycle
- Analysis for advocacy – stakeholder analysis and mapping
- Developing advocacy messages
- Advocacy approaches and tactics
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation for advocacy
- Learn from other campaigns about effective advocacy
- Bond members >£2M annual spend
- Bond members <£2M annual spend
* 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings.
Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed.
off if you book early*
off multiple bookings*
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
18 places available