I am a freelance translator of Spanish and Portuguese into English, specialising in international development, and marketing and communications.
With a background in communications in the international development sector (at Bond) and before that in public health (Department of Health), I now specialise in translation and copy editing for development organisations.
I have translated for a number of large and small NGOs, several UN agencies and the European Parliament, as well as small social enterprises and cultural initiatives. I am also an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists.
- Translation (into English)
- Revision (of texts already translated into English)
- Copy editing and proofreading (of texts written in English)
Focus areas include (but are not limited to):
- Sexual and reproductive health (including HIV and AIDS)
- Women’s rights and reproductive rights
- Child and maternal health and nutrition
- Human rights and LGBT rights
- Transparency and corruption
I translate content for use in marketing and communications (such as interviews and case studies provided by partner organisations in Spanish and Portuguese), monitoring and evaluation (project and programme reports, feedback from in-country partners, etc.), and for informational and internal communications purposes.
If you have a project you would like to discuss, please just get in touch.