Bond is the UK network for organisations working in international development.
Bond unites and supports a diverse network of over 450 civil society organisations and allies to help eradicate global poverty, inequality and injustice.
By helping our members adapt to an ever-changing environment, we enable civil society to create a more just and sustainable world. We work to influence governments and policy-makers, develop the skills of people in the sector, build organisational capacity and share expertise.
By strengthening and championing the sector, we aim to make international development more coordinated, efficient and effective.
- Influence - we facilitate and coordinate collective action by our members and wider UK civil society to influence the policies and practice of governments and institutions at the UK, European and international level. We represent our membership in various national and international networks, and advocate on behalf of Bond members on the funding environment in which they operate.
- Connect - our events, groups and online members' platform give members the chance to network, engage, share expertise, and work collaboratively to have a greater impact. We also keep the wider sector up-to-date with the latest news and views.
- Strengthen - we help make the development sector work better. Our highly practical and comprehensive training programme builds the capacity of people working in the sector in a range of areas. We build useful tools and resources, and work with our members to define best practice in areas like transparency and value for money.
Bond's work is funded by member subscriptions, income generated through paid-for service, and grants, including strategic funding from the Department for International Development (DFID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. If you would like to see a copy of our Ethical Fundraising Policy please contact us.
Open information and accounts
We believe that all activities and decisions, and those of our members, should be transparent and open to public scrutiny. View our previous accounts and details of our grants, and find out more about our open information policy.
Vision, purpose, values
Our vision is a world of justice and equality, free from poverty, where human rights and the environment are respected. Our values are:
- Justice and solidarity
- Diversity and mutual respect
- Collaboration and participation
- Sustainability and shared responsibility
- Transparency and accountability
The Bond Charter outlines the uniting principles of the Bond network.
Bond is itself a member of the following networks and organisations:
- Development Studies Association
- Euclid Network
- Gender and Development Network
- Global Call to Action against Poverty (GCAP)
- Global Economic Justice Networks
- ImpACT Coalition
- National Council of Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
- The Corporate Responsibility Coalition (CORE)
- The Reality of Aid
The UK Alliance of National Networks for International Development
Bond and the national networks of Scotland (Scotland's International Development Alliance) Wales (the Welsh Hub) and Northern Ireland (CADA) work together, through an alliance agreement, to maximise the collective potential of all their member organisations to eradicate poverty and injustice, based on the principles of collaboration and partnership.