Legal and Regulatory
Support for Charities
Advocates for International Development (A4ID)
A4ID facilitates free legal assistance to civil society, social enterprise and bar associations to help achieve the UN MDGs. Their website has a resource centre full of goodies including a list of legal guides.
LawWorks provides free advice to small charities and organisations, through volunteer lawyers.
Toolkits, Guides and Information Sheets
The Charity Commission website has a wealth of information and advice for charities on a range of issues, including:
- Guidance for Small Charities including Starting a small charity, getting registered and running a small charity
- Charities Working Internationally
- Working with other charities and Mergers and Collaborative Working
- Compliance Toolkit: Protecting Charities from Harm, which covers charities and terrorism and safeguarding charity funds, people, property and reputation.
- Charities and risk management, the Charity Commission's guidance for trustees and staff on the types of risk charities face and how they can put in place a practical framework for identifying, managing and reporting on risk.