Learning and Training:
Learn new skills and improve your effectiveness and develop your career by signing up to our training.
Bond's trainers are some of the top experts in their fields and courses are practical, participatory and constantly updated to reflect the latest thinking and research.
Our in-house service brings Bond training to you, or you can book onto our training courses in central London.
Prices are extremely competitive, with a one-third discount for Bond members.
Introduction to international development
Book a place
09 - 10 December 2013 Course Full
2 day course
9.30 – 5.30
Who's it for
People new to international development or wanting the ‘bigger picture’.
Why choose this course
This vital introduction to the key issues and emerging debates in international development combines participative training with interactive learning online. You will gain a broad overview of the latest thinking, a deeper understanding of the concept and practice of ‘development’, and a sharper focus on some of its complexities. Included are free online activities to develop your learning after the course.
What you will learn
Take this course to learn
• the historical context to development work
• the global balance of power and the big players
• progress that’s being made on the Millennium Development Goals
• the key issues around aid, debt and trade
• the challenges of HIV/AIDS and climate change
• current approaches to development
• what makes for successful development, using real-life examples