Voluntary Trustee - Treasurer
About the job
Target TB a registered not for profit organisation, working to eradicate TB in Asia and Africa, is looking for a dynamic committed individual to join our Board of Trustees in the role of Treasurer, to oversee our continued growth. For more information: www.targettb.org.uk
Roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs in pursuit of organisational objectives and ensure that all monies and assets are used wholly for such objectives
- Ensure Target TB’s continued financial viability including overseeing systems and procedures for budgeting, financial control and reporting, approving budgets, accounts, financial statements, reserves and investments
- Ensure compliance with governing documents, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulation, liaising with Target TB’s auditors as required
- Ensure financial reports to Trustees are comprehensible, properly discussed and to formally present the accounts at the annual general meeting
- Contribute actively to the board of trustees’ governance role in giving firm strategic direction, setting overall policy and evaluating performance against objectives.
Estimated time commitment:
We expect the Treasurer to actively participate in four board meetings per year including preparation and to be in regular ‘light touch’ contact with the Chairman, Chief Executive and Finance and Office Manager between Board meetings.
Target TB is an equal opportunities employer.
Registered Charity Number: 1098752
How to apply
To visit our website, please click Apply Now.
For further information, to arrange an informal discussion, and to receive an application pack, please contact: Janaki Jayasuriya, Finance and Office Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention Bond when you apply for this position.